One of the features I always hated in the previous versions of APEX (before 5) were tabular forms. I never got then, they were always behaving funky, it was hard to debug and I preferred to write dynamic tabular forms by myself then with the built in functionality. It changed with the release of Interactive Grids with the Oracle APEX version 5.
When I’ve started working with them it was in the English speaking company and I didn’t face the problem I had later in Czech company, where I wanted to customize or translate buttons. It was not difficult to understand words like “edit” or “save” for users, but I wanted to have consistency in these buttons across the whole application.